Winter has arrived and COVID is strong in Maine! We continue to work to keep you safe! So, our protocols remain in place. Wait in your car until we wave you in. We will watch for you. No need to call. Wear a mask. Please only bring a small personal item in with you. If you bring a drink in, please take it with you when you leave. If you can just bring your phone and a form of payment, that would be great! If you feel sick, please cancel. We will waive the 24-hour cancellation charge! Thanks for your cooperation!
Important: If you have been exposed to COVID please cancel your appointment.
Please if we are going to remain open you must follow these protocols. We are requiring that you use our prescribed clarifying shampoo before you arrive for hair color. This really is a MUST. We have had disposable containers on the Sogno porch that you can pick up any time of day. We will continue this practice until this is over. You may purchase a bottle when you come for your appointment. Everyone would benefit from using Clarifying Shampoo!
This is why! Clarifying shampoos also go under the names “purifying,” “detox” and “deep-cleansing,” and what they’re designed to do is remove stubborn build-up from your hair. Some brands are misleading and are not safe for our purpose. Clarifying shampoos also help to lift away mineral deposits from hard water, minerals, medication, and the chlorine and other chemicals that stick to hair. Your hair will perform better for you! And before color it prevents a chemical reaction from occurring. This past year a local salon did not follow that protocol and a chemical burn occurred on a client’s scalp. The girl was hospitalized. You may not use Neutrogena, vinegar, baking soda, or any other brands.
We study the science of how this works and will not ignore the facts. It is for your safety. Having you shampoo and condition before you arrive saves us the extra time as we are already adding a half hour to your appointment to disinfect and clean the salon between appointments. That means we can do less clients in a day. It also means that we are trying to take care of our own well-being. Shampooing and disinfecting after each clientâ€™s shampoo with masks and face shields is challenging for our bodies and our time.
We understand your concerns during this pandemic.
So, we have outdone ourselves in preparing our business for you! The safety of all of you and for us these protocols are essential.
We have cleaned and disinfected all surfaces and implements. Laundered and/or disinfected all capes, towels and linens. We have removed any non-essential items throughout our business. We have acquired appropriate PPE. We have completed extra certification in essential infection control and hand hygiene practices.
- Please wait in your car when you arrive. No need to call. We will wave you in from the porch when it is time for your appointment. There is no waiting area. Please be on time, we cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate you if you are late. This is so we can sanitize between client visits.
- If you have been ill or around someone who has been ill, please wait 10 days to reschedule your appointment. Symptoms of a fever, feverish, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, we ask that you reschedule. There will not be a cancellation charge.
- We will keep our Red door locked.
- There is NO waiting area during the pandemic.
- We are not offering client robes during the pandemic. But of course, as always will have freshly laundered capes and neck strips. Please wear clothes that you are not concerned about getting damp or color on them.
- Please only bring a small personal item in with you. If just bring your phone and a form of payment. That would be great!
- For more efficient touch less transactions. We offer Venmo, Apple Pay, and have a new credit card processing machine that makes it easier to disinfect.
We will continue these practices as long as science says it is necessary. We have had our immunizations also. Masks are still mandatory