Please if we are going to remain open you must follow these protocols. We are requiring that you use our prescribed clarifying shampoo before you arrive for hair color. This really is a MUST. We have had disposable containers on the Sogno porch that you can pick up any time of day. We will continue this practice until this is over. You may purchase a bottle when you come for your appointment. You all should be doing this in general anyway!
This is why! Clarifying shampoos also go under the names “purifying,” “detox” and deep-cleansing,” and what they’re designed to do is remove stubborn build-up from your hair. Some brands are misleading and are not safe for our purpose. Clarifying shampoos also help to lift away mineral deposits from hard water, minerals, medication, and the chlorine and other chemicals that stick to hair. Your hair will perform better for you! And before color it prevents a chemical reaction from occurring. This past year a local salon did not follow that protocol and a chemical burn occurred on a client’s scalp. The girl was hospitalized. You may not use Neutrogena, vinegar, baking soda, or any other brands.
We study the science of how this works and will not ignore the facts. It is for your safety. Having you shampoo and condition before you arrive saves us the extra time as we are already adding a half hour to your appointment to disinfect and clean the salon between appointments. That means we can do less clients in a day. It also means that we are trying to take care of our own well-being. Shampooing and disinfecting after each client’s shampoo with masks and face shields is challenging for our bodies and our time.
We understand your concerns during this pandemic.
So, we have outdone ourselves in preparing our business for you! The safety of all of you and ourselves is essential.
We have cleaned and disinfected all surfaces and implements. Laundered and/or disinfected all capes, towels and linens. We have removed any non-essential items throughout our business. We have acquired appropriate PPE. We have completed extra certification in essential infection control and hand hygiene practices.
This following will be our new procedures to open on June 1.
- Please wait in your car when you arrive. We will wave you in from the porch when it is time for your appointment. There is no waiting area. Please be on time, we cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate you if you are late. This is so we can sanitize between client visits.
- If you have been ill or around someone who has been ill, please wait 14 days to reschedule your appointment. Symptoms of a fever, feverish, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, we ask that you reschedule. There will not be a cancellation charge.
- We will keep our Red door locked.
- There is NO waiting area during the pandemic.
- We are not offering client robes during the pandemic. But of course, as always will have freshly laundered capes and neck strips.
- We ask that if you are having hair color that you clarify and condition your hair at home not more than 6 hours before your appointment. You must use one of our specified clarifiers. Not shampoo. You may purchase from us or pick up a complimentary disposable container on the porch any time you find yourself nearby. Remember to condition after and apply no other products.
- Please only bring a small personal item in with you. Jackets will have to be in your lap if needed. If you can leave in your car as we cannot hang up coats. If just bring your phone and a form of payment. That would be great!
- For more efficient touchless transactions. We offer Venmo, Apple Pay, and have a new credit card processing machine that makes it easier to disinfect.
- We will get your retail products for you. This will save sanitation time for us!
- Only you! NO guests, friends, family with you during the pandemic.
- We have never offered walk-in service and so now we do not want extra people in the salon during the pandemic. Not even to purchase products.
- Social distancing – all clients and stylists must stay 6 feet apart unless the stylist is servicing a guest.
- Masks – All of you must wear masks that secure around your ears. If for some reason you cannot wear one then we ask that you do not book an appointment at this time. We are required to wear masks at all times and face shields while shampooing.
- During your shampoo we ask that there be no conversation. For your added protection a towel will be offered to cover you face as well. We will be wearing masks and face shields.
- Touchless Greetings and Goodbyes – We sadly will not be shaking hands or hugging until this is over.
- So sorry there are no coffee, tea, wine, snacks or Chocolate Kisses at this time.
- We have removed all magazines.
- We are not allowed to do waxing services.
- There is a Covid 19 guideline compliance surcharge of $10.
We especially want to thank all of you who have paid for canceled appointments, purchased gift cards and participated in Products on the Porch. Courtney and I ask further for your patience and understanding during this time. We are working diligently to put these procedures into practice and procure the supplies needed for this operation. Thank you for your kindness and support as we navigate this difficult time in history.
We have missed you!